LGBTQ+ Youth Support Group
The LGBTQIA+ Youth Support Group, organized by Pride Community Center, holds regular meetings (at least once a month) for LGBTQIA+ youth (ages 12-18). Meetings are convened by at least two adult volunteers who also serve as co-facilitators of the meetings.
Ages: 12 – 18 Grades: 7 – 12
- Provide a space where LGBTQIA+ youth can connect with each other and build community.
- Provide LGBTQIA+ youth with queer mentors from a variety of backgrounds and identities.
- Connect LGBTQIA+ youth with resources within our geographical community and beyond.
- Support LGBTQIA+ youth in a healthy, positive, affirming, and compassionate environment.
- Be a Super-Hero Collective that moves away from “it gets better” and towards “you are moving to something big.” We’re all here to thrive and not just to survive.
So you know:
- At no time will participants be recorded
- Allies are welcome
- Parents who are interested are encouraged to check out PFLAG. There is a local chapter in Brenham and a chapter starting in Bryan/College Station
- If parents would like to speak with someone in charge more, please contact Pride Community Center at either (979) 217.1324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to participate
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: March 22, 2022 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Although not required, to help us with logistical planning of facilitators, please text if attending a support group meeting at 979.217.1324